Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sigh and Yumm!!

Second day here Seattle was raining - so the day became the shopping day! I'm not one to waste time or save for a rainy day (even tho I had saved and it was a rainy day!)
Sooo off to the LYS only one mile away.









SIGH!












My mom is a great knitter and she did a little shopping too!

And the sock yarn!!!
And to make you even more jealous - the knitting books!!
There were more than this but I just couldn't do it to you!
I came home with a wee little stash - but don't worry about me. The yarn shop is having a big sale before I come home so I am saving up the rest of my shopping in this shop for the sale. I did buy some Tofuties sock yarn because I just couldn't resist it.
Then is was off to small town America. Really this place is only 2 hours out of Seattle. It's called Cle Elem. My brother has a house near by in a resort but the little town is still very country. I went for the weekend with my brother and his two boys. We had breakfast here along with the local sheriffs and half of the town popluation.









My little brother checkin out the pie!










And dinner was at Roslyn Cafe - anyone remember Northern Exposure - this is the town where it was filmed. They made the best hamburger I have had in years. Seriously.












And this is the view of the Golf Course from the Inn near my brother's house in the mountains.










I had a lovely weekend, swimming, eating, hanging out with my nephews, playing board games, drinking cocktails, walking and knitting. Now I'm back in the city ready for more adventures. This coming week it is more eating, baseball games, catching up with old friends, hanging with my folks and my relatives and maybe more yarn shopping - of course more yarn shopping!
SIGH! I'm having fun!

2 comments:

Georgie said...

I did the biggest "what the...." double-take when I saw the pic of the Roslyn's Cafe sign before I read the text! Wow - I was such a NE fan!

I am weak with desire at the pics of your LYS...I hope you took a packed lunch and thermos so you didnt have to leave all day! *wipes drool from keyboard* did they have malabrigo? did they have lornas laces? did they have brown sheep? noooo, dont tell me!

Sounds like a great time with your brother and nephews.

Denise said...

The LYS is just astonishing! Wow. I am green at the SHELVES of knitting books...
Glad you're having such a great time :)