Friday, July 27, 2007

Pink Martini and Stitch n Pitch

If I wasn't having so much fun I would be worried about my lack of knitting over the past week. I have only done about 30 rows in my brother's socks but I don't care. I am having a ball!

Two nights ago my friend and I went to see Pink Martini at the Woodland Park Zoo. They were amazing. It was so much fun to sit outside in the sun, listen to amazing music, snack on great food and visit with my good friend.


Afterwards we went to the New Orleans Jazz Bar in Pioneer Square and listened to some old and young musos jam. Pretty cool
Last night I went to see the Mariners lose to Oakland, but it was 'Stitch and Pitch' night. There were knitters every where. The night was warm and clear. In the middle of every inning they flashed video of knitters, knitting at the game, up on the massive replay screen. They even had knitting trivia questions on the screen.
And Debbie Macomber threw out the first pitch! It was lots of fun.
Now if they would just have a baseball-knitting-chocolate night I would never leave the ball park. But we did have garlic fries and Miller Light Beer - that was a close second.
Take me out to the ball game...........

Thanks for the advice, Jejune, much better now!!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Wow, Stitch & Pitch sounds amazing - they're really into it there, with knitting trivia questions and all! So glad you're having such an excellent time :)

Anonymous said...

You're having way too much fun there! So glad you are. Love all the photos, and hope to see more when you get back.