Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Alki Beach and Tricoter

Yesterday was all about the beach. It was a gorgeous day and I took my nephews to play at Alki Beach in West Seattle. I sat on the bulkhead and drank coffee and talked to my brother and got a little pink. It was the most relaxed I've felt for ages. I wish I could blog the smell. It is different salt water smell than Australia - with just a hint of pine.


In the afternoon I went for a walk with my girlfriend - we have been friends for 40 years. Lincoln Park is the most lovely park right on the water and a great place to walk.




Today has been almost all about yarn!! Mom, Dad and I went to Tricoter - the upmarket yarn shop in Seattle. It's in a very ritzy part of town and really, the most elite yarns. I'm afraid I blew my budget but I couldn't help it. There wasn't one ball of yarn in there that I wouldn't have given my first born for - well, now that I have him I probably wouldn't trade him for wool but you know what I mean.



A cupboard full of Noro.



And my stash! I bought some Habu, Blue Moon Socks That Rock and Blue Heron.


Americans might think this is just normal shopping, but my Australian friends will understand when I say - I had to go sit down and have a coffee and a chocolate when I left that shop - just to revive myself.
This afternoon I power washed my dad's deck and bought some deck paint for tomorrow. Tonight is another baseball game - right behind 1st base!
Ciao

3 comments:

Georgie said...

*faints*

I am sooo coveting american yarn right now, can I have a fondle when you get home? Please? *sigh*

What a gorgeous beach, glorious day. Its great that youre getting some quiet, realxing time as well as racing around to meet up with everyone.

Keep up the good work!!

Anonymous said...

I want to go to Tricoter (said in a whiney voice, pouting).

Denise said...

So glad you're having such a great break from everything, and having time with friends. I love that scenery...

As for the yarn shops. I WANNA GO! Kicks heels in 3-year-old tantrum style ;)