Friday, July 20, 2007

I'm in the USA!!

Hi - well I made it. After almost 26 hours of traveling I made it. It wasn't the worst flight I have ever been on but it wasn't the best either. The food was shockingly bad, even for airline food. And my feet and ankles are still swollen. But I got my sock knitting through all of the check points so I had something to take my mind off all of the bad stuff, at least.
The first leg of my flight - from Sydney to Honolulu I sat next to Lucy - a very talented 20 something Newcastle musician. She played me some of her stuff on her ipod and she is really good. We had a pretty good time. The second leg of my flight - from Honolulu to Seattle I sat next to Molly - a very talented 20 something musician from Idaho. Honest!! She played me some of HER music on HER ipod and she too was very good. She doesn't have a web site yet but will send it to me when she gets one. It was a bit uncanny.

Seattle is great. It is raining today - surprize?- but warm and lovely. My folks are doing unbelievably well, considering my dad has cancer and a kidney removed three months ago. My son is really good and working finally. My first day here was full of good things. We went to Costco and had a polish sausage and did a bit of shopping. Then I met up with my son and we went to the waterfront and to the Crab Pot for a beer (Miller lite) and some crab cakes and chili prawns. Yum Yum! Then back to the restaurant that he works at - The Mission - and then I walked about 3 miles home and fell into bed overwhelmed with holiday! In a good way, of course.

Today I am going to the LYS and then up to my brother's "Cabin" Ahem! I will take photos and post them when I get back.

My mom has coffee ready for me when I come downstairs in the morning! I can smell pine! My dad is well! I'm going yarn shopping! All is well with the world.

Rhonda

1 comment:

Bells said...

oh all does sound very well in the world Rhonda. Glad to hear you've arrived safely, everyone is well and you're doing some all important LYS-trawling!!! Good work.