Thursday, July 12, 2007

Not too fancy but hopefully just fancy enough!


These are another present - a belated present. I wanted to make button up wrist warmers for a friend for her birthday. I didn't have time to do any fancy ass knitting so they are pretty plain but I think she will like them. And I decide not to knit thumbs into them.




They are two strands of 2 ply soft wool and the green is really much nicer than the photo's show. I will make them again and I will use a cable pattern or something. But the buttons really make them, I think. They are antique buttons from Knitting Nettie's stash.

Ciao for now. Rhonda

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't those buttons look lovely. I knew I was saving them for something special. So glad you came up with such a gorgeous project to use them.

Bells said...

i love vintage buttons! They look wonderful Rhonda. Just the thing we need at the moment. I wish I'd thought ahead and made some wrist warmers.

Bill said...

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1879263.html

Did you catch this one...