Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Too hot to quilt

Look what the lovely Jejune sent me in the mail - all because Vogue Knitting has featured her art work in the latest issue - congratulations Jejune, but really, I had nothing to do with it! Hee hee! Thank you very much - I love them all so much. I am going to send a couple of the cards to my Mom in the states as she likes them too.

And, I have come to one of my senses - there are still several more to go - and put the quilting away again. Even though it is not over 30degrees C at the moment, it is still to hot for me to quilt. All that fabric in my lap was too much. And several times an hour I take my own little private trip to the tropics so that doesn't help.

So, back to socks, which I think I am permanently and hopelessly addicted to. I will let the angora stew till I get a few personal issues sorted out and just knit on other projects. This is old wool that I have had for a long time and don't even know where it came from. Old fashion green but nice on my Knitpicks dpns.
The pattern is easy without being boring - Evelyn Clark's Go With the Flow Socks (so appropriate for my life at the mo) from Favorite Socks. For me, knitting is like reading. When all is well in my world I love a really complicated book. When things get a little hairy I like to read something lovely and simple. At the moment that is Dreamhunter by Elizabeth Knox (one of my favorite writers) and Evelyn's socks. Lovely and simple!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Very beautiful socks there! I really must give lace socks a go, mustn't I...

So glad you like your goodies :)