Friday, January 4, 2008

New Year, Old Knits

Happy New Year! This year will be full of fun, adventure, joy and warmth. I can already feel it!

And full of knitting, quilting and sewing. I have so many projects knocking on the door of my craft room. It's a bit scary, actually, to go in there. All the colour, wool, fabric and dyes are jumping out at me - pick me! pick me!

Christmas came and went with lots of handmade gifts that I did not take pictures of!! Do you think it will be too weird to ask Shirl to pull up her pants next time she comes over?

I did get a little snap of one friend's new hot water bottle cover...

She's always wanted a hot water bottle - I can't believe anyone lives in Canberra for winter and doesn't have one. This one was so much fun that I am making lots more - I'll show you when they are finished. By the way - I dyed the orange and red wool - with Kool-Aid!! It was fun and easy and smelled like my childhood.

And for me - my new tofuties socks. Love them - they are so soft and yummy. I have enough left over for a little beanie, I think.

No comments: