Thursday, January 17, 2008

Can't knit (sob) Can quilt!

Today I got so depressed and discouraged - all out of proportion, I admit - about my angora vest that I couldn't bring myself to knit. Sigh! I felt really sorry for myself and couldn't even look at my beautiful yarn or pick up one of my WIPs. Tearily I walked into my craft room and out again several times until I spied my son's quilt that I started 3 years ago. It's not very well sewn together. I didn't take enough time getting all the points to match. But I love the Japanesy feel of it and I started quilting it again. Really, it is very satisfying for me tonight - soothing. I've decided how I will quilt the rest of it and now I am excited about it.

Only one problem. I used the material that I was going to use for the edge binding to sew up my Patchwork Purl SoHo tablecloth (I forgot about the quilt at the time). So I have a little problem but I won't get to binding for a while so I don't have to think about that now - fiddle-dee-dee!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Just love the colours and design you've got in that quilt - glad you've found something that is soothing to do.

PS visit my blog for a nice surprise :)