Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Ripping is learning!

Tonight I was going to finish the front, sew up the seams and have a new angora vest! I did finish the front and sew up the seems. Tried it on - fit like shit! I'm a big girl so I put some extra in the sides. Looks like crap! Changed the neck front from the pattern. Looks bad!

So tomorrow I will rip out about 10 cm of the front and back and sew it up again and try it on. This is all my learning process from my new year resolution to try more difficult things. Ripping is learning - right? I'm going to get Nettie to help me decide what to do with the neck! I need some help and moral support.

But my rockin' socks are a great success. I love them. You know, I wouldn't spend $20 on a new pair of socks but I think nothing of buying sock wool for that price. I guess I am more a process knitter as opposed to a product knitter.



1 comment:

Olivia said...

Great socks! I like the idea of the hidden flower.

Ripping sucks, no two ways about it, but when you finally get to the finished product I hope it will be that much more satisfying.