Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Moon(s)

Ever since I was a kid I thought we got gipped (is that a word here?) - you know, cheated, because we only had one moon. Everyone loves the moon. Wouldn't everyone tripely love three moons? I wanted more!

As a child I was fascinated by the full moon, the half moon, the quarter moon. But as soon as I learned that Jupiter had 8 moons I was completely jealous. (I know, now Jupiter has sixty-three known natural satellites according to Wikipedia) And as soon as I saw them in Life Magazine I was consumed. They were orange and yellow and red and big.

Then came Luke Skywalker standing on the sand dune looking at the moons of Tatooine. I wanted them plus the music that swelled with them.

But last night our moon put on a little show that was worthy of it's oneness. I hope you all got out your telescopes and binoculars and had a look because it was pretty spectacular. And the dogs loved it because I set myself up with a chair and a vodka outside and sat there a moon gazed - they thought it was a party outside, for a change.

But the best part was when I came in this morning to look at my lame photos from last night. There is proof - living proof - that there is another moon hiding behind our moon and only popping out to see the moon dance. I feel content at last and not ripped off anymore.




Ciao

No comments: