Monday, September 3, 2007

Corn Sock, Red Vest and Commute

I am working on a pair of socks as a thank you to a friend. These are knit with Maizy - 82% corn fiber and 18% nylon. The yarn knits like cotton and my new Lantern Moon Sox Stix are so nice to knit with. They are silky smooth and look so lovely. This picture is a little dark but it is the closest to the actual colour. I measured my friend's other socks that she likes before I started these. They were a little tricky as she does not have an usually shaped foot. But I think I got there with this one.
I have also never left this long between knitting one sock and starting the other - I think it is a mistake. I can't remember a lot of what I did and I didn't write it all down!!

And my other 'on the needles' project is a Chinese Red Vest - in grey!! I love this yarn and I really like this pattern so far. I love the fact that the pattern is easy - I can knit it and watch DVD's at the same time - a must project to have going. And the knit picks are also a dream to knit with.


I also wanted to show you what my commute looked like coming home tonight! How lovely is this? No traffic - well, a couple of dogs and their walkers. But I just ring my bell and they move over for me. And they all say G'day to me too. I can hear birds singing and kids playing soccer as I ride. Other commuters zoom by me but that is only because I am going at Granny speed - and no one cares. I find myself smiling my whole way home. Such a change from when I used to drive. Plus I don't have to feel guilty about the whole exercise thing.



I can't stop riding until I get where I am going so I get almost an hour of exercise a day - how good is that?
Ding Ding!

2 comments:

Georgie said...

I love that maizy yarn - very sweet.

What a gorgeous ride home for you - isnt it great to take the time to do it, get some fresh air and clear all the work-day junk out of your head? Instead of driving home in horrid traffic and getting even more stressed.

Denise said...

I'm constantly amazed by the new fibres coming out - corn now?! Must have a feel of it when I see you next...

Cycling is a very good thing - so glad you're able to get to and from work that way. I wish I could cycle still, but I have bung hips that complain bitterly when I try :/