Thursday, August 9, 2007

Three diets!

First diet - the Pastry Diet.

All I can say is I am thankful that this bakery does not live in Canberra!!
That is a shot of one of the four cases full of THE most delicious bakery goodies ever. Chocolate cake to gain 20 kilos for! And the rest is just amazingly yummy and only 1 mile from my mother's house!
This is hard to see but the bread in the window is all shaped like sea creatures - star fish, a big octopus and turtles. It is really cute. It is the best bakery I have ever been to. Oh, oh, and the baker is a chocolatier too!

Did I say it is only 1 mile from my bedroom over here? Will I be able to try everything before I come back in a week?

The Wild Ginger diet -
this food is soooooo gooood and I have been here twice! My son brought me two nights ago and my friends just took me there tonight. Those are sechuan beans with pickled turnips and pepper scallops.

Duck is their specialty - make your own duck rolls.


And the best company too.
And the Knitting diet - all you can knit and it's not fattening at all!!!
There was a sale at the LYS (can you believe I hit a sale in the short time I am here!!) I picked up some 40% off Angora and before I could quickly get it out of my hand the woman who owned the store came up to me and said "Oh, you should take it and give the little bunnies a home!" so my mom bought me enough for a red angora sweater. Am I a lucky girl or what?
And look what came in the post today - way way cheaper than at home and no postage. I am in heaven.

Now I only have to live until I am 153!
I am sleeping with my angora tonight!!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Oh man, I'm all hungry now! I adore good bakeries (and generally stay away from them as a result). Love the sound of those duck rolls...

As for your yarn diet, that's the best one to go on :) Well done on the angora front, and you'll love the Knit Picks!

Bells said...

good god. The mouth sumptuous, mouth watering delights. I would be in heaven with those duck rolls. I live for duck. And pastry. And knit picks.

WOW!

Georgie said...

I reckon if you walk the mile to and from the bakery, you could eat (and eat and eat...) there every day guilt free! Maybe walk there and then get a lift home ;-) Dont spose there's a yarn shop on the way??

*drools* duck rolls...*faints* 40% off angora....*picks self up and faints again* knit picks - you lucky thing you!