Tuesday, December 2, 2008

On the first day of Christmas.

My son, who is in the states told me.."it doesn't feel like Christmas when it is so cold!" Ha! for me it's just the opposite. It doesn't feel like Christmas because it is too warm. Frosty the snowman would melt before the first verse was sung. Going out to see Christmas lights in the neighbourhood with singlets, thongs and ice blocks is just wrong. Chocolates are melting under the tree!
Don't get me too wrong though. If I had to pick, I would go for the hot Christmas. Going to the beach, eating Mangos, pottering around in the garden and having a bbq is really nice. But I miss the knitted mittens, flannel jammies, snow and hot mulled cider.
Christmas knitting should be done in front of a crackling fire, with hot cocoa in hand and fluffy slippers on feet. But never-the-less I am getting into some kind of holiday spirit. I will bake Snickerdoodles and gingerbread. I will put up the tree. I will organise the office Christmas party - whoa- what?
Somehow I managed to offer to organise the OCP! Oh, well. Trivia games, pool, Secret Santa, catered food and lots of beer and all will be jolly - ho ho ho!
And I will keep knitting till Christmas is nigh!

No comments: