Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy New Year

Most of the crafting happening in my house over the last few months has been secret squirrel stuff. But there is a little to share.
This is how we have spent a lot of our Christmas holiday. My youngest son who has given me several sleepless nights is responding really well to new medication and is making up for lost sleeping time. Me too!
Mom's Hemlock finished and mailed only too be opened on her 80th birthday in Jan. I made her promise not to peek!
I would absolutely knit another one someday.
I sewed together a quilt for another present. It is a Jan Mullen inspired top. I have a little bit more to sew up and it will also go. I really love the feeling of making things for people I love.
I got the best Christmas presents this year - most all had to do with tea. Now, I did not announce that I needed or wanted tea related gifts but I am so happy I did. I got two tea pots, a Floating Tea Egg and thr grooviest tea cosy - don't you think?
And I have been embroidering some tea towels for me to adorn my new kitchen. I also love to make things for myself!
So, the rest of my work break will be sleeping, reading Diana Gabaldon, watching movies (both Slumdog Millionaire and Frost/Nixon are recommended highly - Twilight not so much), crafting and wishing us all a peaceful, loving and adventurous 2009. Cheers!

1 comment:

Monika said...

Lovely gifts you made, and received! I'm glad you son is doing well on his new medication, and that you both finally get some sleep! I wish you and your family a very Happy New Year!