Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I liked Nettie's so much....

...that I decided to knit one myself. Although I don't think Nettie has blogged about hers yet, she has inspired me to knit the Hemlock Ring blanket. She even downloaded the pattern for me. It is for someone very special who is having one of those big '0' birthdays early next year. Luckily Nettie also gave me some DVD's to watch and you know how well knitting and Pride and Prejudice go together (the Colin Firth version, of course).
I'm knitting it with Bendigo Alpaca - Natural Cream. I am using 4mm needles even tho Brooklyn Tweed uses 6mm. I knit a swatch with 6mm and the knitting just looked too loose and well, like it was cheap. I can't really explain it. It was like I should have been knitting with 4mm needles and I tried to make it all go quicker by using bigger needles. It just looked like a cheat to me. So even tho it may take me longer, I like it better.

Also I finished Bella's fingerless mitts. My mom gave me the pattern and she got it from the ladies at Tricotte when I was there last September. A trip to Seattle requires a trip to Tricotte - honest. We both bought a skein of Socks that Rock - only one skein - honest again!


These are knit with Bambino and they are darker, richer purple than the photo. You'll have to squint and imagine.

2 comments:

nettie said...

Mmmm. Natural cream. Looks lovely.

Denise said...

It looks wonderful - I loved knitting my purple one (which I gave away), am sorely tempted to make another one to keep. I love the Bendy alpaca, and agree it knits up better on a 'firmer' gauge.