Thursday, December 18, 2008

I put up the tree.

Somebody close to me told me I should put up the tree - so I did, and I'm glad I did. The house looks festive now. Like I've said in other posts - I'm not a big 'Christmas' girl but I don't mind a festive house. So I strung the boughs with bits of frosted fruit, gold ball, jingle bells, and lights, waited until dark and plugged it all in. Taa Daa!
I also put some clove and vanilla oil in the oil burner to make the house smell festive and OK, I did bake some Snickerdoodles too!
I also finished all my Christmas knitting and gathering and wrapping. I know I said all my friends would be lucky to get a kind word from me this year, but when it came right down to it, I couldn't do the 'no presents' thing. So I knit and gathered and wrapped. It feels nice to give - lifts my spirits.
It's snowing hard in Seattle and looks like they may get a White Christmas! I am so jealous. Chestnuts roasting, hot mulled cider, sleigh bells ring and all that.

2 comments:

Monika said...

Your tree looks lovely! I always hesitate to put mine up, but am always happy after I did it. The only thing I'm not so keen on is baking cookies. We have snow storm warning, but that means nothing, we had that before and the snow never came. All the best to you!

Olivia said...

I'm glad you put up your tree. Sounds like it was the right thing to do, for you. I have a wreath that I usually put on the wall, wasn't going to bother this year as we are packing to move house. But I had to tidy up for a viewing with prospective tenants, so I did put it up, and it is a nice feeling.