Saturday, April 5, 2008

I feel kind of out of control with all these buttons..

I do feel a bit manic about this button hunt. I even went to look in the shop that I said I would never set foot in again in all my life - in Queanbeyan - and found a 'maybe'. Wishy washy me. I want to go to the button shop that Bells went to in Sydney.
You know, I hardly ever shop. I can barely walk into a Mall. The other day I went into Civic to go to a bedwear sale at Target. I walked out with two pairs of sheets (yeah, I wanted them!) and a Single Bed Doona when I thought I was buying a King. Luckily I can give the doona to Munchkin. But now I have to go out into the Retail World, again, to get a doona. Yikes! I am just not into shopping at all. I hate to window shop, I hate hate to shop with anyone else, and I hate other shoppers when they are shopping. I know hate is a big word but I am so paranoid that that is how I feel.
And unfortunately, I have to go into shops to look at buttons. So I guess I am behind the 8 ball from the very start.
Anyway, do you think this button is better? I know the photo is a little blurry again - can you squint?

I am going to Nettie's tomorrow and will ask help from the girls. I know it is ultimately my decision but help is always welcome.
I don't usually have such a hard time finding the perfect thing. Has anyone ever tried to make their own buttons? Mmm..now the brain has another thing to think about!
By the way - another perfect day in Canberra. Just right for a day outdoors and that was me!!

2 comments:

Monika said...

The second button from the last post is the best so far. I hear you, when it comes to shopping, I use the "hate" word too. I'm so glad I can order a lot of things online. I wish you luck in finding the perfect buttons for this lovely, and coloful knit!

Bells said...

I agree with Monika. The second ones from the last post was best. That said, this one is pretty apt as well.

Shopping is something I do quickly in my lunch hour. If I can avoid the shops on the weekend entirely, I'm happy.