Sunday, April 6, 2008

Presents

My little brother sent me a birthday present. Now that might not seem odd to you. Your extended family is supposed to recognise your birthday, right? And I am so far away and don't get to see them all very often - once every couple of years, so they should send me presents.
Well, my brothers are boys - enough said! (I don't have any biological sisters) And after years of not getting any recognition that I turned another year older I decided to take matters into my hands. I know they love me but birthdays and other dates just don't register. And because I am not there to hassle them weeks before hand I always send them an email the day before my birthday to remind them to send me a happy birthday email tomorrow. Since I started this they have never again missed my birthday - they are good men.
But this year my little brother remember well in advance and sent me this...

Doesn't mean anything to you? Well it does to me. But even I have to wait for the full story because he is away from his phone for the next week and he didn't want to spoil the surprise by telling me ahead of time. I can't wait to hear it. I know he didn't steal it, that's all I know.

But, I also sent a present. This shawl that I knit ages ago. I just blocked it and sent it off to munchkin's day activities school Sharing Places - to auction for a fund raiser. It is lovely and soft - cotton and silk. And long - very long. Hopefully they will get a bit of money. It was knit from
Wendy Knits pattern - the Fir Cone Wrap.
It was very easy and nice to knit. I hope someone loves it.

1 comment:

Naomi said...

I know where SW Admiral Way is! :)