Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Now Nettie...

Now Nettie .... you have to take a couple of things into consideration. OK?

First - you work a full time job. I work very part time.

Second - you have a grandbaby and a larger family here to pay attention to, than I do (except on Saturdays and the occasional phone call to the US which I will not knit through).

Third - you have a significant other. I don't!!!

And I don't clean my house, mow my lawn, brush my teeth or sleep. Hee hee.

Anyway, I did finish (all except for the buttons, of course) my Baby Surprise Jacket. What a knit of faith. For a while I tried to figure out what I was doing while I was doing it, and then I just let go and knit the instructions. It was liberating in a way. I loved knitting it and it kept my attention the whole time.

I'm not really fussed about the yarn I used. It was some Bendigo something that I dyed ages ago and didn't use it for whatever I dyed it for - duh! But I know that it is machine washable because I do remember I tried to felt some of it and it didn't. Felt, that is. And I ran out right at the end so I used some denim for the button band. It worked out just OK for me.

Anyway, I liked it so much that I will make another one for my gf Soo in the US who is about to have her first grandbaby. I've started looking for the perfect yarn for it - in my stash of course.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I can't wait to see how yours turns out.

2 comments:

nettie said...

Yikes, rhonrhon!!! I was going to say 'bugger', but I thought I'd better not. Oh, bugger, I just said it. You are an amazing super-knitter-woman. I was just wondering tonight, as I squeezed in a few more rows (between tearing my house apart looking for my cheque book - found it, too), I was just wondering...I wonder how rhonrhon's BSJ is coming along...I'll bet she's further ahead than I am.

And it is downright beautiful. I love the look. I love the wool. And I love the button band, too.

Monika said...

I like your self dyed yarn, how it pooled so evenly, it looks quite fine. I did only one BSJ so far, because I have nobody to knit it for, but it was fun.