Friday, March 21, 2008

Kat's Hat and tears!

I have a friend who has a birthday coming up and with the day so cold, I thought I would start a hat for her. So, after an early morning trip to the airport I put on a DVD and pulled out some old wool. I don't know where this wool came from. I don't have any lables anymore. But it is nice and soft wool, so perfect for a warm red hat.

Well, I thought I was just going to watch a little more of Love My Way and knit some on a hat. Have you seen this series? I have seldom seen anything so devastating. I don't think I have cried as much watching TV ever! I could not stop watching it, I could not stop crying and I could not put down my knitting. It's 8 hours later now and I still feel so emotional. This is a really excellent show but if you watch it, be prepared for it to break your heart.

But there is a little red hat out of the whole ordeal....



And I think she will like it. I started off with a plan but lost it some where along the way and just let my fingers do the knitting.

Now it's back to the cobblestone jumper (boring round and round) and the rugby. I hope this jumper fits my young lad because I won't knit this again. Really - it's 16 inches of straight knitting - and that's just the body - the arms are just the same straight knitting. But I will persevere.

By the way, Olivia, the Nantuket Jacket is Filaturea Di Crosa Zara - the same wool every knitter in Canberra will have a garment out of thanks to Cassidy's great sale. I was at the very end of the sale so thankfully, missed out on a lot of the deals. I have enough to keep me busy for a very long time without more temptations now (seriously limited budget at the mo!)

1 comment:

Olivia said...

That's a lovely hat!

Oh, Zara, yes, yum. I scored a bunch of Zarina and another soft merino 4ply. Sales like that don't come around often.