Saturday, March 15, 2008

Happy and a little sad.

This is a new one for me. I actually feel a little sad that Cathy's Nantucket Jacket is finished - all but the button shopping (which I am looking forward to!) and sewing on of. I am usually really happy to finish a project.

Maybe it's because I had to fiddle so much with the pattern to make it the right size it was like I'd put a bit more of myself into the making than just knitting it ('just' she says!!)

Maybe it's because the knitting of this jacket saw me through a bit of a bad patch for me - but believe me, it has nothing but good vibes attached to it.

Maybe because I am giving it to someone else to wear - even though that person is my sister in heart and I would do anything for her.

Maybe because I just loved knitting it.

But I feel a bit sad that the journey is over.

But believe me, the 'happy' is the bigger part of the completion. I can't wait to give it to her and take a photo of it on it's owner to show you.

Sorry - the photo is a little blurry but I'm not going to take another one 'til it is completely finished and on it's master.

Even now, the next day after the needles are back in their holder and the yarn ends have been collected from the living room floor, I am hankering for another big project. I guess today will be the start of the Cobblestone pullover for Munchkin.

5 comments:

Bells said...

wow, that looks fantastic! I've been eyeing that one off for a while.

nettie said...

It's gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Just think of how grand you will feel when you see her wearing it.

Monika said...

Oh that looks lovely! Can't wait to see it on the recepient.

Olivia said...

That looks so lovely! What yarn did you use?

Denise said...

What a masterpiece! I'm not surprised you're sad to be at the end of that particular journey.