Wednesday, January 28, 2009

LEARN - maybe that should have been my little word!

The best thing for being sad, replied Merlyn, beginning to puff and blow, is to learn something. You may grow old and trembling in your anatomies, you may lie awake at night listening to the disorder of your veins, you may miss your only love, you may see the world about you devastated by evil lunatics, or know your honor trampled in the sewers of baser minds. There is only one thing for it then--to learn. ~ T.H. White

I've been offered a place at the University of Canberra - eek! Never thought I would be saying "it's time for school" in my house again, but never say never, hey?

But actually going to school better be easier than enrolling in school or I am doomed already!!

On the knitting front not too much has been done as I have been busy reading Wally Lamb's new 700 odd page book. It's from the library so I only have three weeks and I haven't learned how to read and knit at the same time yet.

I just can't seem to stop with the fingerless mitts! I figured out how to knit them all on 4dpns with no sewing up (yes I am sure there are patterns out there but I didn't have one) only sewing in the ends to do. It's a bit fiddly as at several points you have to knit fingers around 3 dpns with 4 dpns, but so worth it for not having seams - well, worth it for me.

I have lots of bits of sock yarn left over so I might keep going for a while - I'm enjoying it and with the hot weather I don't want lots of yarn in my lap.

Well, back to reading..no, knitting...no, reading...no, knitting.....

1 comment:

Denise said...

Wow - congratulations on the Uni place - what are you going to study? I love the T.H. White quote, very apt.

And great mitts, too!