Thursday, February 5, 2009

Another Van Gogh

A while ago, in response to Pay It Forward, I had an idea to make a pillow out of knitted fabric that I could embroider on. I love knitting and I like embroidery. But now I absolutely adore embroidering on knitted squares.

This is the VG Starry Night pillow that I sent to Olivia. She blogged about a few weeks ago - luckily she liked it.
This is VG Sunflowers close up. It's for another friend whose birthday is tomorrow. She doesn't read blogs so I am safe posting about it here. It was great fun to make, again!
I love the whole 'painting' with fibre thing. BTW this pillow was stuffed with a towel and will look a lot better tomorrow when I buy the insert on the way to deliver it but, well, I wanted a photo before it goes to live in it's new home.

I have already started the next one and have the idea for the one after. I'm happy!

3 comments:

Olivia said...

Oooh another masterpiece! I'm sure your friend will love the sunflowers.

To say I 'liked' it is definitely an understatement. And I am inspired to try my hand at same embroidery on knitting too.

Monika said...

Wow- both look amazing! I would not have the patience to do that! I'm glad you like doing this though! :o)

Taphophile said...

So vibrant and I love the depth you've achieved with the embroidery.