Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Two down, two to go.

Since I started knitting again about 4 years ago, now I have really loved to knit anything for my family and friends. I've knit sweaters for my youngest son, sweaters for friends, scarfs, shawls, socks and warsh cloths. And I loved ever stitch of it.

My oldest son has received knitted hats and scarves - all of which he has given away. Now I raised him to tell the truth gently. I always told him he didn't have to do anything he really didn't want to do. Not things like not get up for work because he stayed up too late the night before but things like if he didn't like what I cooked for dinner he didn't have to eat it. If he didn't want to do something 'everyone else' was doing he didn't have to. If he didn't like a present I gave him he didn't have to say he did. As long as he said he didn't want to do it with respect and kindness. Fine.

So, he hasn't wanted me to knit anything for him - ever. His explaination is, and fair enough, he doesn't want me to go to all that trouble making something he might not like. I appreciate that. So for him to ask me to knit him some fingerless gloves makes my heart soar. The fact that he asked me to knit some for three of his friends and his new girlfriend makes me even happier.

It's way too hot to model them. But they are going somewhere cold right now so I made them double thickness. And they are quick and fun to knit. I am so tempted to embroider something on the knuckles of the grey ones. The coloured ones are Kaffe Fassett Regia sock yarn and Patons Bluebell.
These grey ones are knit double strand from some wool I bought at the Trash and Treasure at Jamison years ago - very soft.
Now I am going to go thru the stash to pick yarn for two more - for the girls! I'm having fun. I'll start the next pair during the 20/20 cricket tonight (more like baseball and I like it - surprised me too!)
Cheers

No comments: