Monday, June 2, 2008

Special Baby present

My parents live in the house that I was born in! That is over 55 years in the same house. Amazing! Everytime that I go to visit them I also get the bonus of visiting my three very first very best girl friends - all of whom I've known since I was 14. We were the fearsome foursome. I've known their lives for a very long time. They all still live very near my parent's house. I am the only one that has ventured far away from home. I've been in their lives for boyfriends, husbands, parents lost, husbands lost, children and now, for grandchildren. In fact this will be the first grandchild. She is due in July.


This sweet little vest is knit with 120 gms of suri alpaca bought at the Alpaca Show at Epic a few weeks ago. It is the softest wool I have ever knit. And I think I met the Alpaca that gave it up for me! I wish you all could touch it and fondle it. mmm...soft. I want a sweater out of it too!
Enjoy baby girl! (I want one of those grandbabies too!)
PS - yes there are three socks. I had enough for a third one so I just knit it. I guess babies lose socks to the sock monster too so an extra one may be needed.
Hey did Tom Cruise name his baby after an alpaca??

1 comment:

Monika said...

That Baby vest looks very cute, and the socks too! I bought some baby alpaca at a show a couple of years ago, it came with a pattern for a baby blanket. I haven't knit with it yet, but only I want it to be something special, it's really wonderful soft, and I like the natural color. I like the idea of the three socks! :o)