Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Thank you

I think thank you gifts are kind of tricky. That is if you really do want to thank someone, and it's not just a gesture.

First you want to make sure you give them something they will like. If they hate your thank you gift, chances are they won't offer what you were thanking them for again.

If you go over the top, then the person you are thanking will feel bad that they didn't do enough (I know I have!).

If you underwhelm them with your gift they might think you are cheap and there could be the same consequence as the first senario.

If you know the person you are thanking very well, then there isn't much of a problem, you just have to think and observe.

If you don't know the person well at all, then the gift takes a little more thinking and a little more effort.

I'm making a mountain out of a dish cloth, I know, but I care about these things.

I hope they like them and I hope they know how much I appreciated their hospitality (which was overwhelming, by the way) Thanks again.

3 comments:

Bells said...

I think dishcloths are a great thank you! I just find it hard to convince some people that they're not 'too good to use'.

Denise said...

Those dishcloths are so brilliant, what great colours! I'm sure they will be appreciated :)

You're quite right about it being tricky to get the right balance with thank you gifts, I'm in a similar quandry myself at the moment....!

Janet McKinney said...

Love the dish cloths - love the colours and the use of the slip stitch. Beautiful
Janet McKinney