Friday, May 23, 2008

Velvet Grapes Vest

I finished my Malabrigo Velvet Grapes Vest. At the moment it is my favorite piece of clothing that I own. It is so soft. It is warm. It is so wonderful to wear that I can't take it off.

Can you see the colour change half way up? You can't see it so well with your eyes but the flash really brings it out. I guess I just got a skein or two that were a different dye lot even though the tags say they were all dyed on the same day 10-4-05. But like I said in a previous post - it doesn't bother me.
Now I have enough for a hat and a scarf or wrist warmers left over. I'm a little afraid to knit them for myself because I will want to wear the hat and scarf all the time too and well... I guess you can imagine that look as well as I can. But, I don't want to give the wool away either because I love it too much. Dilema, but fiddle dee dee, I will think about that another day.

I have five WIPs now. I hardly ever have that many projects on the go at once but each has a purpose or a problem. I have a shawl that I need an edge pattern for (I don't like the one that came with the pattern) and I am searching. I have an important baby friend on the way. I have a thank you gift to finish and two pairs of socks on the go - one complicated lace and one straight knitting for the trip to Sydney. And I don't know which to knit on now? How do you decide which project takes your fancy at a particular time? I want to knit them all right now.

I think the thank you gift needs to be the next FO.

2 comments:

Bells said...

wow. Fabulous. i want a whole piece out of malabrigo, not just a scarf. That's just lovely, even with the colour change.

Monika said...

Your vest looks great. It would not bother me either. Can understand why you want to wear it all the time. 5 WPI's would drive me crazy! It's hard to decide, but I guess a thank you gift, should be given sooner than later. :o)