Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Trekking socks - a world of colour!

Man, this is why I knit! The joy of so much colour put together in a way I would never think of (not to mention that I don't have the skill to) and that suits my senses completely. I absolutely love this wool. It is bright and subtle at the same time. It is soft and strong. It is beautiful and gracious. I watched my needles the whole way through these socks because of the colours.

I knit the socks that I want - I made them short and with cables.
And the bonus is that there is enough left over to make another pair - as long as I am happy to mix it with another yarn. (or maybe some fingerless mitts?) And even better - I have another ball of Treking in another colourway. I'm figuring out another pattern for my second favourite pair of socks that are going to be knit very soon!

3 comments:

Taphophile said...

The yarn is gorgeous - vibrant without being too strident. Love the little cables. :)

Olivia said...

They are beautiful socks. I want some of that trekking. One day. Meanwhile I might steal your little cables/short socks idea, it looks perfect for summer.

Denise said...

Just stunning summery socks - love the colours and the design!