Tuesday, October 9, 2007

There has been knitting...

I have been so busy with other stuff over the past month - I haven't had much ME knitting time but there has been a little.

I am utterly in love with Trekking. It is absolute delight to look at while I'm knitting and it is smooth on my rosewood needles. I know this sock looks a little strange but I like ankle socks and I have a long foot. This one fits really nicely. I have only started the second one but since I haven't posted for donkey's years I couldn't resist the one sock shot. I have another ball of another colorway of Trekking too - I need to come up with the perfect pattern for that ball - because they are both going to be for ME!

My vest body is done and this weekend (depending on time constraints) I will pick up for the bands and hopefully the armhole bindings. Despite the occassional brown blog (!) I like this very much - and the alpaca is so soft. I want to get it done before the hot weather sets in - I won't pick it up if it's hot.

I'm loving Spring! I'm loving the warm weather, the longer days, the lilac in bloom and the open windows and doors. And it is still a joy to ride my bike to work - I no longer need to use "Granny Gear" so I know my fitness level has increased. I hope you are all loving Spring too - or Autumn as the hemisphere might be!!

Ciao

2 comments:

Denise said...

That's a lovely vest - you're using the same Bendigo alpaca as I'm knitting my Mariah in, aren't you? Beautifully soft. I like the stitch pattern :)

Here's hoping you get a bit more time out in the weeks ahead. And congrats on the improving fitness!

Taphophile said...

Love the colours in the Trekking! Hand-knitted socks always look a bit strange off the foot.

I do like your vest. Have you created the pattern yourself?