Sunday, November 11, 2007

Buttons and Christmas Presents

I found some buttons in my bedside table drawer! I don't remember buying them. I don't remember what I bought them for? But I love them - I'm sure that's WHY I bought them. And they look great on my Chinese Vest.

So I got my vest out of retirement (from the winter cupboard) and sewed on some buttons.

Now, it has been almost cold enough this past week in Canberra to get out the Winter clothes again, but I resisted. But the cold did make it easier to knit hats and scarves for my son and his partner who are wintering in Seattle. They are planning on doing a lot of snow boarding.

Neither one of them read my blog or even know about it so there is no fear that they will see this before they open presents on Christmas morning. Wish I could be there to see them try on their new hats! Oh well, sigh!

2 comments:

Taphophile said...

It has been odd weather - the dog had to have her jumper on one night this last week.

The buttons are, indeed, a great match for the vest. Congrats on the super hat and scarf production - they are going to be thrilled!

Denise said...

Very perfect buttons there! I'm sure your son and partner will love their winter woollies :)