Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Just in time for Summer?

My vest is finished all except for the perfect buttons. I have some metal buttons that have sailing ships on them that I may use but I want to have a look at Addicted 2 Fabric before I decide to use the ones I have.
I especially like the neck even with the big brown blob which I have come to appreciate if not love. This was fun to knit. The pattern is Chinese Red Vest from Folk Vests by Cheryl Oberle. The yarn is Bendigo Alpaca which I know a few of you have used. It was easy to knit and I really loved every minute of it.

Now I will wrap it in tissue paper and put it away for six months! That just seems wrong - but I can't even hang it in the closet for that long. Oh, well, hopefully I will love it this much next June.

I am typing this blog entry on my new notebook - and I love it. I feel so modern after the crappy computer I have been using for the past two years.


It's just a little thing with not much grunt but I still think it is cool - almost as cool as my new vest. Or should I say as 'hot' as my new vest. Well, I'll tell you how hot it is next June!

1 comment:

Denise said...

OOoh, pretty shiny and woolly... congrats on the new pooter box, and the lovely vest! I'll have to put my Mariah (from the same yarn) away until next year too, once it's finished (getting there).

Hope you find the perfect buttons, and enjoy the hunt - Addicted to Fabric is a great shop, isn't it?