Thursday, June 21, 2007

Waving to Sue socks

"Waving Lace Socks" are done and packed in the suitcast. I still can't get the colour right in the photograph - they really are hot pink! I would knit these again any time. They are easy and quick and the Bambi merino extrafine was a treat to knit with.

This is my second attempt at lace knitting socks and I am very happy with them, although there is room for improvement.
I've cast on baby brother's socks from the amazingly beautiful Fiberworks Hand Dyed 4 ply in no 7 colorway. I'm knitting on smaller needles than recommended so we'll see how they turn out. This will be my first attempt at cabled socks so I am excited about getting into them too.
So many roads for so many feet and so many socks to knit for them!!

3 comments:

knitomi said...

The socks look great and the airiness makes them perfect for summer!!!
Wishing you a wonderful trip to the States,
Ingrid from the Pacific NW

Bells said...

Hey there - thanks for coming by my blog. Nice to see another Canberra knitter! I think your socks are beautiful. I'm gearing up to do some lace socks like that. Really lovely!

Denise said...

Hi, welcome to the world of Canberra knit blogs - lovely to find another one!

The lace socks are just beautiful, wonderful work :D