Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Socks

OK - I'm ready to Start Blogging for real now. I'm sure my blogging ability will get better as I learn more - just like my knitting.


I am knitting these socks for one of my best friends in America. She has been my close friend for 40 years even though most of that time we have lived on different continents. The colour in the photo is not very true but I'll work that out as I go. They are bright hot pink and I love them. I know she will too. They are the Waving Lace Socks from the new Interweave Favorite Socks book.




And then there are socks for my brother.



I wanted something a little different so I used some left over self striping wool and some plain Bluebell and just knitted alternate stripes. They turned out great and I will absolutely use up the rest of my left over self striping to make more!!






I have a few more pairs to knit (these are the presents they are all getting when I go to the states in July) so..........

Happy trails!

1 comment:

Monika said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! It can be quite an experience. Your socks look great by the way! :o)