Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Purls and Socks

Recently a friend of mine had a holiday in New York City and brought me back some goodies from Purl Soho patchwork and yarn. I love the Purlbee online journal - it teases with the most beautiful fabrics, yarns and patterns. I drool over it at least once a week. One of my pressies was a little parcel of fabric squares. My friend's sister made a little bag out of her bundle of squares. But I wanted to look at mine everyday so I sewed them into a little table cloth.


My camera doesn't come near to showing the bright colours of the fabric or the beautiful green of the wool that I am knitting. I really will have to get my manual out and have a good read and see if I can get some better light happening. But I love looking at my table and dreaming of NYC!
I also started some socks for my little brother. I am knitting another pair from the Interweave Favorite Socks book. I am going to try knit every pair in there. Then I really will be a sock expert. These are the Cable Rib Socks by Erica Alexander with a little modification. The leg isn't near as long as the pattern and I didn't change needle size half way along. I am worried that I won't have enough wool to make two long socks. But they are beautiful and if I don't think they will fit my brother or won't be long enough in the leg I know someone else that would like them!!! Pretty easy to knit so far but I do have to pay attention.


But who wouldn't want to pay attention to such beautiful colours!
Count down to my trip to Seattle now - three weeks to go and I am getting excited since I got the suitcase down and started putting my knitting and other things that I don't want to forget to take. And I can't wait to knit at a baseball game, too!






2 comments:

Denise said...

I love your tablecloth - very good idea!

Try taking photos in natural light, rather than using flash - that generally gives better colours. Some colours are harder to photograph accurately, too, especially reds.

The sock is looking great :)

Hashi said...

Hi Rhonda! I absolutely love the tablecloth ... what a great idea! And guess what? I actually applied for a job in Seattle last night! We're not sure we could handle the weather (we looooove Southern California's sunshine) but maybe I'll get a trip up there for an interview, at least!