Sunday, October 9, 2011

I mowed and I sewed



Bush Figs even the birds won't eat - worse luck.



Spring has sprung and I had a mowing frenzy this afternoon. Feels good.



Inspired by my friend Nettie (who knits, sews, works fulltime at a highly stressful job, mothers, grandmothers - all in one life! Inspiring) I got out the sewing machine and made a couple of aprons. My grandmother used to have 'house aprons' that she wore around the house constantly - I have photos. I have made some patterns but these aren't them. A while ago I was given some old dresses that a friend's mother sewed for herself but didn't finish before she died. I said I would make aprons and now I have.



The pocket is the yoke.

1 comment:

nettie said...

Ha ha! I did take a whole week off work for my latest sewing exploits!

Love the aprons.