Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I bet on Honolulu!!

The Melbourne Cup was run today - the race that stops a nation. First I bet on Yellowstone (cause I've been there) and he was scratched. So then I bet on Honolulu (cause I've been there too) and that horse was the last horse to finish the race. Oh, well, I guess my one day a year of having a punt should involve a little more research then 'cause I've been there'.

This is my Cleo Knitted Collar knit with Jo Sharp wool bought from Thicket - a most lovely online shop. Wool, patterns, and lovely customer service. I only bought two balls of wool but I will buy more from Corinne (the owner) when I need more wool - big Ha!

The button was given to me by Nettie a few years ago after she made a trip to New York and gifted me two beautiful wooden buttons. I haven't washed or blocked my collar yet so it looks a little uneven but I just couldn't wait to show off the button - its perfect and I am going to make another one for the other button. Gidy up!

1 comment:

Olivia said...

The collar and the button work really well together. I love that button.