Sunday, October 26, 2008

Slower than molasses in January!

My Granny was a great one for 'sayings'. My favorite was when she would tell me about the 'loving cup' we all carry around with us. When we do good things our cup fills up...etc. I know it sounds old fashioned now, but as a kid, I loved her stories and sayings.
But now, my computer is losing the plot - thus the 'slow as' saying. It is acting as if it's feet are mired in mud and I expect a squelching sound when it tries to move from one screen to another. I think I have used all it's juice this month already. Probably due to those baseball games I have been watching!
So, shhh, but I am loading this at work today, because it has been ages since I blogged and I miss it. Not that I have that much to show and tell.
I had to laugh at myself last night as I was settling down to my real work after my chores were done. I had three - count them - pairs of specs in my shirt front. One for DVDs, one for reading and one for close up work. Normally I can get away with two pair but I am doing some finer embroidery work at the mo. It isn't too fine but I use my Daddy's reading glasses every chance I get so... Notice they all have browny reddish frames so I have to have glasses on to see which ones I need. Oh, I just try them all on one at a time and see what I can see. It works for me.

And one of the reasons I wanted to do some embroidery was to try out my new thimble. I am a thimble girl. I like having my fingers covered but I don't like the cheap ones you can buy at the cheap shop. First of all they stink after one wear - I guess my finger tips sweat too. And they have no give. I've tried leather ones, plastic one, all kinds of homemade jobbies. But I found this wonderful silicon thimble in the US and I love it. It even has a little air hole. Anyone who does needlework should try it out.

And finally - my first pair of two circular needles socks. They are knit with KnitPicks sock wool, which is very soft and lovely to work with. It was much easier for me than 4 dpns. I have already cast on for some fingerless gloves for someone special and two circs and it is going fast and swimmingly.

By the way - that's my new kitchen counter top showing under my socks.

So - back to work now - well, not my real work - the work I do 2 1/2 days a week somewhere where I get paid - and not for blogging. Please, don't tell.

No comments: