Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My Dogwood is blooming.

I planted my Dogwood tree over 10 years ago when I moved into my house. This is the first year it has ever bloomed and it is really beautiful. This morning I just stood outside and stared at it till I had to get into my car and drive to work. I really love it.

Oh, and rootbeer cupcakes with rootbeer frosting.
I squished the edges putting the lid on the cake tray!! Ooops - I hope noone cares.
And carrot cupcakes for Sean's birthday at work tomorrow.
I told ya I was a baking fool at the mo. Just can't help myself. I'm making everyone else happy but there is a lot of washing up to do!

2 comments:

nettie said...

Your flowering dogwood reminds me of Mum's gorgeous orchids that bloomed so gloriously after she died. Not that the flowers are alike(!) but the circumstances are.

Bells said...

oh the dogwood is so pretty. I can see why you love it. I love to look at my plants in the morning before I get on the bus, espeically this time of year.

You're baking like a demon right now!