Friday, February 8, 2008

I know it's too hot for one - well maybe not!

I have a bunch of Aquarian friends so I have a bunch of birthday presents to deliver this month. So I bought wool, I dyed wool and I knit hot water bottle covers. I know it's still to warm for some of you to have a hottie in your bed (some, I know, already have them in their beds!) but who doesn't want a beautiful hottie bottie cover for when Winter does make us pull our doonas out of the hall closet and snuggle up at night?


And they are good knitting for DVD nights - don't take much paying attention too. Knit in the round and self covering buttons. Lots of fun to make. So all my friends will get these this year.
Next year I'll have to come up with a new February knit - I look forward to it.

PS - I didn't dye the one in the middle - but you knew that!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Janet McKinney said...

Arhhh Hotties. I use them, even through summer. At the moment they help my hormone (peri-menopause) induced headaches.

I knitted a cover for my hottie, and it is surprising how comforting the cover makes the hottie.

But I think I will add knitting Hottie covers to my TV time knitting pile.

Janet McKinney

Monika said...

Love all of them! I know I have a water bottle kicking around somewhere...

Anonymous said...

See here