Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Knitters - show us your tats!

I've been inspired by Bells to show my tat to the blogging world (not that so many people read my blog!) but, well, here it is...

When I made the committment to stay living in Australia I decided to get a tattoo of 'home' to carry with me always. This is an Orca whale design from the Pacific Northwest Native Americans - where I am from. There used to be lots of Orcas in Puget Sound when I was younger and living there. I always loved them. So this is my little bit of Seattle that goes with me wherever I go.

I don't know if it has been done before but I too would love to see other knitters tats and hear the stories that go with them!.

And tomorrow I am doing something with this -



I'll share when it turns out fantastic. Cross your needles for me!

2 comments:

Denise said...

That is a really lovely tattoo - is it on your shoulder? And what a great idea to have a reminder of home with you at all times. Brilliant.

I have no tatts, but tons of scars from surgery? Do they count? LOL (eeeew)

Denise said...

Hey Rhon, is that your letter in the latest issue of Yarn? Cool!!