Friday, September 7, 2007

Big brown blobs

Ha! Two sorts of big brown blobs - one I love the other I don't love so much. When in the US, my girlfriends, who are also chocolate lovers, pointed me in the direction of these little treasures. Little tins of truffles. Delicious little truffles. And they are not expensive at all. Unfortunately I don't think we will get them in Australia but they will be on my Christmas and birthday lists from now on.


And when they are finished I can fit in about 4 of the yummy chocolates from KokoBlack - especially the cinnamon chocolates. OK - enough of the first very tempting brown blobs.

Now for the ones I don't like so much.

I am knitting a vest for myself from Bendigo alpaca. It is really nice to knit with - lovely color - tweedy blue grey.

And I have been knitting while watching some DVD's over that last few nights - not really watching while I'm knitting. And when I went back to count stitches I found these brown blobs. I don't really know whether to do anything or not. They don't look so bad on this close up photo - but these are the only ones on the whole back. They look like dirty marks or something - though they are part of the wool.

Has anyone else had this problem with Bendigo wool? In every other way it is a gracious yarn for the price.
Well, I think I need to have some of my first brown blobs while I figure out what do to do with the second brown blobs!!

4 comments:

Bells said...

i've never seen that with any Bendi wool Rhonda! And I've used their alpaca too. It's worth querying it with them, perhaps?

And those truffles look exquisite.

Georgie said...

truffles...*drool*

I've not had any similar troubles with any of my bendy either, but havent used the alpaca.

Monika said...

Those brown blobs sure do look delicious!

Denise said...

Hmmm, I'm using very similar Bendigo alpaca for my Mariah cardigan, possibly exactly the same (colour is Tosca). I've just had a close look, and I've got the occasional little brown blob in it too. I think it's just a 'feature' :)