Sunday, August 10, 2008

Thank God for knitting!

I have had one of the saddest weekends of my life this weekend. I lost my wonderful father. I am on my way to the states to see my beautiful son and the rest of my family and go to my Dad's memorial. I already miss him terribly.

And through it all - I knit. What a comfort. I knit socks. The pattern is not difficult but just enough that I have to pay attention. And when I don't feel like doing anything else it is just the right amount. I can't imagine what I would be doing if I wasn't knitting. Thank God for knitting.


4 comments:

Bells said...

Rhonda I'm so sorry. What a sad, sad loss. Take care and have a safe trip.

Denise said...

I'm so so sorry to hear of your loss - just awful. Hope the trip 'back home' helps - so much harder to be far away when such tragedies strike.

Lots of hugs and knitting.

Olivia said...

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad. And I am glad for you that you have the knitting. We know what a comfort it can be. Safe travels

Monika said...

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I hope being with your family will easy the pain.