Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Babies everywhere but not in my arms.

I'm doing heaps of baby knitting at the mo. I haven't met these babies but I am knitting away for them anyway. I've modified designs of little sweaters for some of them - two the same in different colours for sisters and one for their brother (they all have exactly the same birthday!).
And one - brightly lit - for another who lives far away. I love the colours but not so much the increases and decreases. They are much more forgiving in wool - and I think I may be doing them wrong. I'll see how it looks once it has been sewn up and washed, hey? And cute buttons may make a difference too.
But my knitting is not bringing me as much pleasure lately, as it usually does. Usually I can bliss out knitting for a couple of hours with music, tea, a movie, a book on dvd. But for some reason (well, I know the reason), I have had an extremely short attention span and low tolerance levels. And, of course, I am reading a 500 page book, knitting two pattern jumpers exactly the same, performing a very routine schedule at work - I'm not sure why I do this to myself. I went to see a silly movie this afternoon and almost left half way thru - I never do or feel like that.
I'll fix a bit of this by going home to Seattle in a few weeks, I hope. At least I can be a bit proactive over there, instead of just worrying. And I will get to see and hug and talk to and laugh with my beautiful son for four weeks too. Maybe I may even get to do a little bit of yarn shopping. And there is that bakery near my folks!
And I will get to look after my lovely, very sick father for a bit of time - and my saint of a mother. I will feel better when I can do all that!

No comments: