Saturday, July 23, 2011

I've been having some fun sewing.

A good friend sent me some photos of her darling little granddaughter and I had an overwhelming urge to knit her another little cotton cardigan. This one is a Debbie Bliss wrap around. More pic when it is done.



I have been quilting some, too. I collected this feedsack material over the past couple of years with full intent of recreating my Granny's unfinished quilt. She made it with papers and it is all hand pieced. I just couldn't take on another long-term project so I am making a Wonky Log Cabin Quilt from Block Party. I am enjoying putting this together now that I have more whold days off from work.





I also sewed some aprons. One half apron and one full with a little Collett Dinigan lace off-cut for friends having birthdays. One's been delivered and the other hasn't yet. It's been a bit hard to get to the post office with a broken toe. But my foot is much better now so it will be mailed on Monday. I hope they like them.




No comments: