Monday, March 14, 2011

A Year of Me Knitting

I've hardly ever knit anything for myself - a scarf, a few pairs of socks, a couple of hats. But for over 10 years of knitting that's not much. Don't get me wrong - I love knitting for other people. Two of my best friends, my DIL, my mother all have knitted sweaters that I think they love. My Grandson and a few of his future friends have baby cardis (I can't stand the idea of children, especially my own grandchild, groaning as their mothers pull a wooly sweater over their little heads which gets stuck halfway over thier faces - remember? And if he says "no, not Granny's sweater' I will cry, so its cardigans for all babies from me). Booties, blankets and bears have all gone to other homes.



So 2011 is going to be for me! I will just think about knitted gaments that I want. I'm going to finish at least one of those quilts that are at various stages of completion, for my bed. And I will crochet some pot holders for my kitchen. I also need a new felted hand bag, thank you very much. I have a 'stock' birthday present project for one and all this year that only takes a few hours to make - and costs various amounts depending on materials - everyone will get one (happily, I hope).




So for now I'm working on the Pavement Jacket from Modern Top Down Knitting by Kristina McGowan. I'm working on the body now - big rows as I am knitting front, back and front at the same time on the long circ. And also knit the Pigeon hat form the same book in a lovely grey 2 ply mix that I bought in the states - now where is that ball band? Its Crystal Palace Yarns - Panda Silk.

I've completed a lovely little scarf in Mini Mochi - Crystal Palace Yarns again.

So far a pretty decent start considering I work and go to uni. I should have a wardrobe to last me years after 2011.

2 comments:

Olivia said...

Great plan, and a really good start too! I love to knit for others and I do knit for me too, but I never get around the all the things I want to make. (It's impossible, due to the laws of physics - but I still dream)

Oil painting for beginners said...

This is such a great site! I like the way you set this up! Great content! Thanks for sharing this!...Daniel