Monday, May 31, 2010

And speaking of a joy to knit with.....

Cashmere and silk wedding cape. Usually it was laced all the way down but she got a little warm by the time I took the photo. It was an absolute joy to knit. I got a knitting patterns book from the public library ( I know - how good it that!) and I can't remember the name of the book - sorry - but I fiddled with the pattern so much that it hardley looks like the one in the book anyway. I knit the light tan in pure cashmere - knitting 8 rows and picking up the stitches from row 1 with row 8 so it made a pleat, and between is two rows of a cashmere silk blend in a darker brown - you can see it slightly on the bottom row. It was a joy to knit and she said it was luxury to wear. (that's a little collette dinigan wedding dress under the cape by the way!). And I noticed lots of wedding guest - friends - absent mindedly stroking the little cape as well. I hope it lasts for as many years as her happy marriage will.

No comments: